Keep up with Goose Island's latest trends!

Tuesday 15 November 2011

In six day’s time I will be on my way to Bali...

In six day’s time I will be on my way to Bali with my husband Peter for our regular buying trip. As the buyer for Goose Island my job is to source and develop new products for our Wholesale Company and also our retail shops and website. Around 60% of our products are sourced from Bali with 40% coming from India. We work with small family run businesses and have worked with some of them for over 15 years! One of the factories we work with started with just 3 sewing machines in their home and now they have 2 large factories employing approx 80 staff and 90% of their work is for Goose Island. We regularly visit all the factories we deal with to ensure that the staff have good working conditions and we are very pleased to see all the workers are extremely happy! This makes us at Goose Island happy too!
 
Karen
Director
Goose Island



No comments:

Post a Comment